The North Dakota Hospital Association is monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and remains in contact with federal, state and local partners to respond to this challenge and to make sure hospitals and health systems have the most up-to-date information and resources.
The following links include resources and developments related to COVID-19.
Workforce Coordination Center (WCC) - to serve emergency workforce needs in support of health care providers, industries and agencies affected by COVID-19. To register click the WCC link.
As directed by Executive Order 2020-05.1 and as part of the response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, licensing requirements have been suspended for health care and behavioral health professionals currently licensed and in good standing in other states. Click to link below for a list of professionals included:
COVID-19 FAQs from CMS
ND Department of Health - Hotline: 866-207-2880 from 7am-7pm Monday through Friday.
American Hospital Association
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Website is updated daily
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
IRS: High-deductible Health plans can cover Coronavirus costs
World Health Organization – Q&A
Preventative Actions Recommended
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaiminated with germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at lease 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and can include: fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Call the emergency room prior to going in if you think you have coronavirus.